The FireWXPhoto Blog

Welcome to my Blog. I am an Emergency Incident and weather photographer located in Southern California. I am also a member of the Emergency Photographers Network. Feel free to leave comments and enjoy your stay at the FireWXPhoto Blog. Be sure to check out my website at www.FireWXPhoto.com where you will find my photo galleries. If you have comments or questions, send me an email.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Saying Goodbye to a friend

On December 11th, 2009 Retired Battalion Chief Allen Miller lost his battle with cancer. Chief Miller was a member of the fire services for 39 years. His last assignment was with San Bernardino County Fire as BC 149.

I had the pleasure of working for Chief Miller during the transition to County Fire in 1999 and for several years after. Chief Miller was very warm and welcoming during the transition and I very much appreciated that. It was a time of uncertainty for myself and the Chief put me at ease very quickly. At that time the North Desert Division is where Chief Miller was assigned. The NDD is a very large division and we ran across each other frequently and it was not long before we were friends. His kindness and helping hand to myself and my station will be missed and not forgotten.

On Saturday December 19th, I, along with Chief Miller's family and many members of the San Bernardino County Fire Department attended a Celebration of Life and said Goodbye to retired Battalion Chief Allen Miller. Other departments that attended included CALFIRE, Apple Valley FPD, USFS and members of the USAF.



BC 149

























San Bernardino County Fire Chief Pat Dennen






























CALFIRE Chaplin Paul Camarena (Left) and CALFIRE Captain Skip Miller
































CALFIRE Division Chief Doug Lannon

































The Last Alarm

BC Miller with family

No comments:

Post a Comment