The FireWXPhoto Blog

Welcome to my Blog. I am an Emergency Incident and weather photographer located in Southern California. I am also a member of the Emergency Photographers Network. Feel free to leave comments and enjoy your stay at the FireWXPhoto Blog. Be sure to check out my website at www.FireWXPhoto.com where you will find my photo galleries. If you have comments or questions, send me an email.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New/old Off Road TC in Summit Valley

 I know it has been a few weeks since my last update. It is not from a lack of trying on my part or a lack of emergency incidents. I went to LA on two occasions and while there were some incidents, none were anything that would make for good photos. I also worked a 72 hour shift over the holiday weekend, but there were just no 'Kodak Moments' to be had. While we were fairly busy, all of the calls were just not the kind of calls you photograph.

 So, I dusted off some pics I took of a rescue we had on the 4th of July. This was of a motorcycle accident that occured on Cleghorn Ridge. This area is not easy to get to and our response time was close to 30 minutes. The crew on that day was myself, Mike Stachowicz, Justin Ayers, Kevin Crandall, Adam Payne and Adam Stiltner. Upon arrival we found a male with head injuries, internal injuries and ALOC. Due to his injuries and the remoteness of our location, I requested an Air Rescue. San Bernardino County Sheriff Air Rescue 6 was dispatched. The closest suitable LZ was over one half mile from the patient. Once we had the patient secured to the backboard we loaded him up on the back of a quad that was at the scene and SLOWLY took him to the awaiting Air 6 crew. Photos below....

Photos by EPN-564







No comments:

Post a Comment