The FireWXPhoto Blog

Welcome to my Blog. I am an Emergency Incident and weather photographer located in Southern California. I am also a member of the Emergency Photographers Network. Feel free to leave comments and enjoy your stay at the FireWXPhoto Blog. Be sure to check out my website at www.FireWXPhoto.com where you will find my photo galleries. If you have comments or questions, send me an email.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mercy Air 2 Crash Site Visit

On the evening of December 6th, 2006, Mercy Air 2, returning from Loma Linda crashed in the Cajon Pass. Just before 6pm, San Bernardino County units were dispatched to a reported aircraft down in the Summit Terrace area east of I15. After we had been enroute for a few minutes, I recall Comm Center advise the responding BC that this was possibly Mercy Air. BDC E40 arrived first and found that it was Mercy. Lost on that day was Pilot Paul Le Tour, Flight Nurse Katrina Kish and Flight Medic Jerald Miller. I had not been back to the actual site since the night of the incident. I visited the site last week and shot a few photos.

Photos by EPN-564











































2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad. Katrina was an old friend of mine. She died on my 30th birthday, so I'll never forget her.

    ReplyDelete