The FireWXPhoto Blog

Welcome to my Blog. I am an Emergency Incident and weather photographer located in Southern California. I am also a member of the Emergency Photographers Network. Feel free to leave comments and enjoy your stay at the FireWXPhoto Blog. Be sure to check out my website at www.FireWXPhoto.com where you will find my photo galleries. If you have comments or questions, send me an email.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ord Mountain Repeater Repair and Lightning

In an effort to have reliable communications for our EPN activities we use a series of mountain top repeaters. Some of the systems we use are commercial private systems and some are Amateur Radio repeaters. The K7FY repeater on Ord Mountain has been down for some time and needed some repair and maintenance. On Saturday, October 2nd, Chris (EPN-560), Sandy (K7FY), Gil (K7GIL) and I went up to Ord Mountain to get the system back online. We replaced the batteries and did some antenna repair. While we were there a few thunderstorms rolled by and I managed to get one bolt in the lens.

Photos by EPN-564






No comments:

Post a Comment