The FireWXPhoto Blog

Welcome to my Blog. I am an Emergency Incident and weather photographer located in Southern California. I am also a member of the Emergency Photographers Network. Feel free to leave comments and enjoy your stay at the FireWXPhoto Blog. Be sure to check out my website at www.FireWXPhoto.com where you will find my photo galleries. If you have comments or questions, send me an email.

Monday, November 2, 2009

LAFD E47 comes under attack while responding

On Halloween evening a fast moving wildfire was reported in the 500 block of Avenue 28 near the intersection of Johnston in Mount Washington area of Los Angeles. Engine 1 reported that they had at least 1 acre of grass moving up hill and ordered additional firefighting resources. While responding to this incident engine 47 came under gun fire on Mission Blvd, with a bullet narrowly missing the driver operator. The bullet came in from Engine 47 side window and exited out the front windshield. Remaining calm, engine 47 personnel continued into the fire and proceeded with fire attack.
Photos and story by Jeff Zimmerman



No comments:

Post a Comment